If you thought that the problem with North Korea doesn’t exist anymore, it’s time to think again. The regime seems to be going through a lot of problems, and Kim Jong-un should do a good thinking now. Latest reports confirm that a tunnel at the nuclear test site collapsed after last month’s nuclear test. Sources say that at least 200 people died. The nuclear base literally collapsed.
The Japanese broadcaster TV Asahi cited unnamed sources, confirming that 100 people died in the initial collapse around September, 10. The same report confirms that another 100 people lost their lives in the rescue mission.
This is not the only report connected with the incident. There are many other reports confirming that the collapse took place on Oct.10. But, North Korea didn’t make any official announcement about the right date of the collapse.
Kim Jong-un’s Sept. 3 test triggered multiple tremors and landslides in the area, as confirmed by Reuters. Western analysts have long warned that the area is not fit for the tests, suggesting that Jong-un is about to cause a major catastrophe.
People fear that the collapse may lead to leaks of radioactive material. Nam Jae-cheol, the chief of South Korea’s Meteorological Administration revealed information about the collapse.
“Based on our analysis of satellite imagery, we judge that there is a hollow space, which measures about 60 to 100 meters (in length), at the bottom of Mount Mantap in the Punggye-ri site. So, should another nuke test occur, there is the possibility (of a collapse),” Jae-cheol said.
When asked about the earthquake and the release of radioactive materials, he said there is a possibility that it sinks.
This is a major problem, and we do believe that North Korea will find a way to solve the problem. Those people don’t deserve to live in fear.